The Co-op Housing Development Group (CHDG) Inc. is incorporated as a multistakeholder co-op in the Province of Manitoba. There are three different classes of membership and memberships are granted to individuals rather than organizations. Each member must decide which class of membership they qualify for among the Supporter Class, the Allied Professional Class or the Developers Class (details provided below).
CHDG also has a non-member, non-voting Organizational Affiliate status. The annual fee for organizational affiliation is $100 and entitles the organization to one free registration at CHDG events and to any additional registrations for the organization at the member’s rate.
Click the link at the bottom of the page to apply for membership or organizational affiliation.
- Employed by a government department, cooperative, or non-profit organization
- that regularly deals with housing cooperatives;
- Resides in a housing cooperative;
- Is an academic whose field of study or discipline includes housing cooperatives;
- A member of the general public who advocates for cooperative housing development.
A member in good standing of a recognized and credentialed profession, including but not limited to:
- Member of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member of the Professional Property Managers Association
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Manitoba
- Member of Certified General Accountants Association of Manitoba
- Member of Certified Management Accountants Association of Manitoba
- Member of Chartered Professional Accountants Association of Manitoba
- Manitoba Association of Architects
Upon review by a committee of CHDG of a portfolio composed of self-assessment, relevant references, and demonstrated project history, the candidate is found to be competent in one or more of the following areas:
- Business planning skills
- By-laws, Articles of Incorporation, & The Cooperatives Act
- Governance practices & Member Education
- Strategic Planning
- Cooperative Housing Finance
- Project Management
For more information on the competencies required to qualify as a Developer, please click here.
Apply for membership